Kyiv wants Russia to change the course of the operation in the direction it needs
Ukrainian social networks are actively discussing information that a shock fist is being formed in the south, near Odessa — thousands of military units. Some suggest that this military contingent of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) is planned to be used for military provocation in Transnistria.
Photo: Global Look Press
The MK asked Vladimir Bruter, an expert from the International Institute for Humanitarian and Political Studies, a specialist on Moldova, to evaluate the realism of this scenario.
– Provocations in Pridnestrovie in recent weeks have already been, – said the expert. – And there were a lot of them. They will continue. There is no doubt about it.
– Everything is possible. Although right now it won't. But when the Russian military contingent appears in Odessa, or, at least, occupies Nikolaev, then the option with Transnistria in the headquarters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine will certainly be considered. But now, of course, this will not happen.
– It has always been possible.
– Both are not true. Something there, in these warehouses, can really be interesting, something – not. For Western weapons, which are now fighting the Armed Forces of Ukraine, these ammunition are not suitable. For some types of weapons from the old Soviet stocks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, they are still suitable. But I don’t think that the main interest in Pridnestrovie is armory. The Ukrainians simply want to provoke Russia into abruptly slowing down the course of the military operation in the Donbass and diverting it to the situation in Transnistria. Including for this, they are always trying to start fights for the Snake Island. They need Russia to change the course of the military operation in the direction they need. And they will continue to try to do this.
– She will not interfere directly. Bye. Indirectly – quite possible.